Thursday 25 August 2011

Tues 23, 2011

The calm before the storm.. .Up at 7:00am, get downstairs and ready to leave to get to the rehab centre. At the rehab I got admitted and brought up to my room and the nurses need some more info from me and we spend 45 minutes filling in paperwork to be followed by the two physiotherapists which explain what procedures will be filling my time. They measure me and get my wheelchair and walker then on with my evaluation to see what I can do, and to see how far they can push me or how far I will push myself to establish my goals and if they are feasible.

After the psychiatrist and the doctor come in for assessing my situation with trying to comprehend what happened from the time of the fall till now and making some tests of their own - breathing, heart, sensations, reflexes, and her too wanting to see what I was able to do regarding my physical strength and to what capacity I was able to move my leg.

Finally lunch, the normal hospital food on the tray, I had chicken noodle soup, spaghetti with coleslaw, milk and tapioca pudding. For the quiet time, napping for 1 or two hours.

All in all, first day was pretty exciting. Being admitted and now final step to being back to my physical self.   The journey will be long and challenging, pretty sure I'll be able to make it through to the end, meet my goals and keep growing from there.

Yours truly,
From my heart to yours,
The Canadien Redbear,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment